Thursday, April 01, 2010

The Episode of the Month: A New Hope

A tradition that I started a few years back that some of us have adopted is to watch one of the Star Wars theatrical features per month twice a year. We do it in order so that Episode I is featured in the first month, January, and again in July. Episode II follows in February, and August, and so on. By the end of the year, we've made it through the Saga twice.

It's a fun way to have a number of us be able to focus on one movie in the same month, which means that to a certain degree we can watch them with fresh eyes and a desire to share new and old opinions. Any thoughts you'd like to share would be welcomed in The Movies forum.

If you'd like to join us, the April Episode of the Month is IV: A NEW HOPE. While I've been keeping up with the first three movies this year, I must admit I am particularly interested in watching the original Star Wars and getting back to my fandom roots. Next month, appropriately the month that will include the 30th Anniversary of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, Episode V will be featured.

Sit back, watch the opening crawl, and look forward to seeing an old favorite again- you know you'll see something new this time. I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment